Do I Need A Trust In My Will?

When are trusts most often used in wills? When you are intending to benefit a minor child in your will, you are intending to benefit a person who receives odsp, you want to control what happens to the inheritance after a beneficiary’s death or you want to control the beneficiary’s spending.

Read More »

Children’s Aid Society Wants To Interview Me! What To Do?

If the CAS calls you for an interview, do you have to speak with them? The short answer is, in most cases, no – however, if you don’t agree to an interview, this raises a big red flag, and the CAS has a range of options open to them to compel you to participate in their investigation, or to continue their investigation without your involvement.

Read More »
Injured person and lawyer in hospital - getting the care needed

Getting the Care You Need … Now!

Coping with serious injuries, along with a delay in getting care and/or wage loss benefits, can make a difficult situation that much worse. At Martin & Hillyer we believe it is critical to become actively involved in our client’s case as soon as possible.

Read More »
Am I Suing a Person or an Insurance Company

Am I Suing A Person or An Insurance Company?

If you are injured in a car crash and feel that you should be entitled to compensation for your pain, income losses, or other expenses, rest assured that in most circumstances, it will be an insurance company that is paying for your claim – not the individual person who actually caused the car crash.

Read More »